Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Trinity" Dry Shampoo by SURFACE

Dry shampoo.

Never heard of it? Your world is about to be changed.

I first started hearing about dry shampoos 4 or 5 years ago, mostly from interviews with celebrities (thank you Gwyneth Paltrow), and random acquaintances who knew a thing or two about hair. Curious, I did some research.

A "dry" shampoo is just that. Dry. It allows you to get more life out of your hair without washing it, and to stretch out a hairstyle, blowout, or color. It comes in a can like hairspray (which is probably what you thought it was), and you simply spray it into your roots... or any part of the hair that looks dirty, oily, or needs some volume.

I've tried for years to stretch out the days between washing my hair, especially since it's better for the hair and the scalp, but it can be tough. And now that there's a bunch of vibrant red in my hair, washing it less is even more important.

Enter Trinity Dry Shampoo, a SURFACE product. I first picked it up at a hair show in September, after watching a fabulous demonstration by the company's founder, Wayne Grund. SURFACE products are an excellent, natural way to go, free from sulfates, gluten, parabens, animal protein, mineral oil, and phthalates. Good health is a huge party of beauty, and it's important for me to make product choices that are good for my body as well as the environment. SURFACE is also committed to that. (A bonus is that they donate a portion of their proceeds to sponsor children through World Vision.)

Cheap dry shampoos can often leave a powdery residue on your hair, so you have to be careful not to use too much. Not so with the Trinity shampoo. You can spray your roots until the cows come home, and all you'll end up with is more body and texture. I absolutely love it. (And I'm not being paid to say that.) The only con was that it didn't last me longer. Dry shampoos can go quick.

Feel free to visit the SURFACE website to learn more about their products, or purchase Trinity through my Amazon store. If you're in my area and are interested in getting SURFACE or other professional products at a discount, please contact me.

Here's to day 4 hair! ;)

 

1 comment:

Robert Clark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


blogger template by lovebird