Monday, June 23, 2014

Moving Forward...

June has been a busy month.

On the 2nd I finished school, having completed the required 1,000 hours. For the next 2 weeks I studied and packed for State Board, which I took on the 17th. With my license in hand, I wrote and gave a speech for my cosmetology school's graduation on the 20th. (Being the "valedictorian" of my cosmetology class is not the world's greatest honor, but gratifying all the same, especially considering how I studied my tail off for the last 9 months.) And now I'm finishing up my nanny job (after nearly 3 years), working full time as an assistant in my salon, taking further classes, and servicing my own clients.

It's so good to be done. Hopefully, even with my full schedule, I'll be able to post more here in the near future. There's so many exciting things ahead! :)

4 comments:

Treskie said...

Wow, congratulations! That's a big step!

Your own salon, do you own it? If so... again, *wow* you are really a go-getter. ;)

Amanda Flynn said...

Treskie - No, I don't own it. Stylists tend to refer to the salons they work at as "theirs." ;) Maybe someday, if I have unlimited resources, but it's such a full time endeavor, and I still want to write books. :)

KaHolly said...

Amanda, I am so proud of you!! Congratulations on finishing your program of study, on being valedictorian of your class, and on completing a goal in your life.

Amanda Flynn said...

Thanks, Auntie Karen!



blogger template by lovebird